Five Top Tips To Tame Frizzy Hair
Everyone suffers from frizzy hair at some point right? But if it's becoming a regular thing, you may want to read on to hear my five top tips.
But first, what causes frizzy hair?
So, before I let you know what has helped me, what even is frizz. When your hair is dry, damaged or chemically treated, the outer layer (called the cuticle) doesn't lie flat, allowing the moisture to enter and create the frizz. Various health problems and certain medications can also effect your hair, making it really tricky to treat. So to help, you're going to want to do everything you can do to make sure your hair cuticles are as flat and smooth as possible.
Here are five easy things you can do to tame the frizz.
1. Stop towel drying your hair. Instead use a microfibre towel to absorb some of the moisture without having to rub it. My favourite one is by Aquis.
2. Use sulphate free shampoos.
3. Use keratin based conditioning treatments and hair masks. I love the Olaplex Range.
4. Minimise heat styling and if you have to use heat of any kind, be sure to protect your hair with a heat styling product. Although not a heat treatment, I've been using the ordinary's squalene through damp hair before I style it and it works amazingly as a detangler too. Squalene is like a miracle ingredient in both hair and skincare, so look out for it when you buy your hair and beauty products. If you're a fan of curling your hair, check out our new heatless curl kit here.
5. Swap your hair ties and cotton pillowcases to silk. This is a game changer for frizzy or curly hair - no more bed head! Sleeping on silk reduces friction; giving you smoother and sleeker hair. Friction is often to blame when it comes to split ends too, so it's a win win. The natural amino acids found in silk are also fantastic hydrators and seen as though we spend a third of our lives sleeping, swapping to silk is the ultimate product in improving your hair and skincare game. You can read more about the benefits of sleeping on silk here.
Hope these tips help,